My Hospital Bag | The Essentials





Let's be honest. I have had my hospital bag packed and ready for 2 weeks now. I am so ready for this little girl to make her grand entrance.

Side note: We thought our due date was today (March 19th) our entire pregnancy. We realized last week at the doctor we had been off by a week the whole time. So cheers to being bad at math and being pregnant for at least one more week. But really finding out my due date is actually March 26th has not stopped me from trying all the things to induce labor.

I have been walking, taking warm baths, eating pineapples and spicy food, bouncing on an exercise ball...I even got a reflexology pedicure because I heard it could help. So far...nothing has worked.

I have either been super high on energy, cleaning like a mad woman and making all these baked goods or dead on the couch snuggled up with Hulu & Netflix. There is no in-between for me right now.


I was super motivated to pack my hospital bag because I am still obsessed with my Fawn Design bag, and I had been feeling super anxious about being unprepared for baby to come.

For those of you who don't know, I live in the middle of no where. Like we drive over an hour to the grocery store, doctor, and hospital. To get to the highway to get to town we have to take a very bumpy 8 mile drive down a dirt road. The closer we get to due date the more nervous I was getting about being prepared and dreading the possibility of being in labor on that dirt road!!!

I have recently become less nervous and anxious. Probably because I am starting to feel like she won't be coming on her own. We will probably have to force her out AKA induce labor. Our doctor was telling us that every baby and delivery is different, but they tend to come at the same times i.e. if your first was 2 weeks early, it is more likely that your second would be too. Finley was not early. He was forced out.


But let's get back to the real reason we are here. My hospital bag:


I did not photograph everything I put in my bag, and I had Kell pack a separate bag for himself.


I have a thing for neutral colors right now. 



Clothes for Mama:

I prefer to have clothes that have a looser fit, but I wanted to pack some things that would hold everything tight as well. It can tend to be cold in the hospital so I wanted to have some cozy things to keep me warm too. The main thing is that I don't love wearing the hospital gown the entire time, especially if I am going to have visitors. Take things that will make you feel most comfortable, but don't overpack. 1-2 "outfits" is plenty. 

- leggings (higher waisted and hug the tummy for comfort after birth)
- cami/nursing top
- comfy tee
-cozy pants
- lightweight cardigan
- socks
- robe
- headband


I try not to be a diva or high maintenance, but I want to feel as normal as I can during labor and delivery. For me, that means a little bit of make-up and maybe having my nails painted. 


Toiletries for Mama:

Some things to make feeling so fresh and so clean clean a little easier. 
Keep your beauty routine simple, but also...YOU DO YOU! 

- waterproof mascara
- dry shampoo
- lotion
- face wipes
- styling spray for hair
(this stuff is nice because I can spray it in my wet hair and not have to worry about styling it)

Not Pictured:

- my maskcara palette 
(this make up is really light, natural and quick. It is my all time favorite)
- shower essentials 
- toothbrush
- deodorant 
- face wash
- bobby pins


For baby:

You really do not need a lot. The hospital will provide you with everything while you are there. Don't worry about bringing diapers, wipes, bottles or anything. You really only need clothes to bring them home in. 

I tossed in a cute blanket and headband for some photo opportunities. 


Things I may stuff in Kell's bag:

- snacks
 - camera
- phone charger
- my favorite water bottle
- room to take home all the leftover free things from the hospital. 
(because the reality is, we actually pay for that junk)


If you search "hospital bag" on pinterest you will find all kinds of things. You are sure to find a list that best fits your personality. Personally, some lists are little extravagant. I found with Finley that I didn't actually need half the things I brought, so I am trying to downsize this time. Plus, I have become much more of a minimalist over the past year or two. So there is no right or wrong amount of things you can bring with you. Just make sure you have the essentials covered. 

bag | @fawndesign


headband | @forever21

lotion | @rodanandfields


"new" outfiit | @petalsandpeonies

1 comment:

  1. Good pizza isn't just about the ingredients—it's about the craftsmanship that goes into each pie. In high-quality restaurants, you'll find skilled chefs who take pride in their work, carefully stretching dough, hand-selecting the freshest ingredients, and expertly baking each pizza to perfection in a wood-fired oven. https://madeinnewyorkpizza.com/upper-west-side-pizza/

    ReplyDelete